Hey everyone! Sorry for disappearing. Again… So, the struggle with the terrible bogey, so called cellulite, still continues – with DIY slimming body wraps. Now go and take a “before” picture, because I can guarantee you that after one month there will be different reflection in your mirror. I know that there are people who don’t believe in anti-cellulite wraps, but I do, so… If you are interested, keep on reading!
What is a body wrap?
A body wrap is a way to promote excessive sweating in a particular area of the body. It can result in weight loss and reduction of toxins throughout the body. Body wraps promise:
- To detox the body of free radicals, chemicals and pollutants;
- A quick cellulite and weight fix;
- Exfoliated skin;
- Moisturized skin.
Before you try this, please remember: don’t use a body wrap if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, taking medications that make them susceptible to heat, or if you are suffering from existing health conditions (problems with veins and arteries, etc.). Body wraps can also be uncomfortable for some people, though the results can often be worth it.
I believe that the most convenient wrapping material is a clear plastic food wrap that you can buy in any household goods store.
One more thing before we start. I like to add cinnamon to my wraps, because I have read that dermatologists have confirmed that cinnamon melts cellulite. I don’t know if it’s true, but I’d like to think so. I use a cinnamon oil, but you can also use ground cinnamon (it is not as strong as oil, so add it more). Warning: Cinnamon can burn your skin, so be extra careful when you use it! Most people are very sensitive when cinnamon is applied directly, so be very careful even with 1 drop!!
Black Clay Body Wrap:
- Mix clay with water and add a few drops of cinnamon oil. You can use just clay and water, because this wrap will be warm enough.
- Apply the mixture on your problem areas – stomach, hips, and thighs. Thoroughly wrap these areas with the plastic food wrap.
- As you are supposed to be wrapped up for at least half an hour, I suggest to put on a warm bath robe and read a book, or take a relaxing nap.
- After that take a shower, apply some lotion and voilà!
Coffee, Oil & Cinnamon Oil Wrap:
- Use the following recipe either as a body scrub or body wrap (or of course both).
- Take 1/2 a cup of coffee and mix it with hot water until it looks like a paste. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and a few drops of cinnamon oil (feel free to use any other oil).
- Using circular motions rub the mixture onto the problematic areas and wrap them up.
- Lie down and relax for at least 30 minutes.
- Take a shower and wash off the mixture. Most likely you won’t even need a lotion after this.
Cinnamon-Lavender Anti-Cellulite Body Butter wrap:
- Ingredients: ¼ cup coconut oil, ½ cup shea butter, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 20 drops of cinnamon oil and 20 drops of lavender oil.
- Microwave coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter until completely melted.
- Let the mixture sit in room temperature for 15-20 minutes, then place in the fridge for about 15 minutes until it begins to set up.
- After that put the mixture in blender, add cinnamon and lavender essential oils, and mix until it is smooth.
- Put the mixture in a jar with an airtight lid. You can store your homemade body butter either in the fridge or at room temperature for several months.
- You can apply this body butter on your problem areas as a lotion or for better effect use it in combination with a wrap and leave on for at least an hour.
These procedures should be performed at least two times a week for several months. Before, during and after the wrapping procedure drink lots of water to flush away all the excess substances and toxins.
Keep in mind that results will vary from person to person. The centimeters you lose will depend on your own metabolism, activity level and diet.
For additional benefit use contrast showers and of course the main thing – any kind of sports activity!