Belly fat, bellly fat… Why are you staying there? Belly fat, belllly faat… It is my fault! I’m sorry, I just couldn’t not write it down :D. Those who have watched Friends will understand. But now let’s get down to business.
First of all, if your goal is to lose weight and have a flat belly, then you should focus more on your diet, because it is much more effective. But if you want to tone up your abdominals, try out these simple, but very effective exercises. Either way you will get stronger and be more confident about your mirror reflection.
Want a six-pack?
My personal goal is not an obvious six-pack, because I want to stay feminine (it is my personal opinion and I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings). These exercises have helped me to get a flat stomach and slim waist with slightly visible muscles. But if you will increase the intensity and frequency of the exercises, you will definitely get that six-pack you’ve always dreamed of! Well then. Let’s begin!
1) Basic crunch. Lie down face up with knees bent about hip-width apart. Place your hands behind your head. Exhale and lift your head and shoulder blades off the mat. Hold that position for a second and inhale on your way back down. Don’t lift your lower back off the floor! 20 reps.
2) Side crunches. Lie down in a basic crunch position. Turn your legs to one side with your knees bent. Turn at the waist, keeping your shoulder blades and the upper part of your back flat on the ground. Lift your head up just like a normal crunch. Turn your legs to the other side and repeat. 15 reps each side.
3) Bicycle crunch. Lie down face up with knees bent. Place your hands behind your head. Lift your shoulders off the floor and hold them there. Twist your upper body to the right as you pull your right knee in as fast as you can until it touches your left elbow. At the same time straighten your left leg. Return to the starting position and repeat to the right. 12-15 reps each side.
4) Windshield wiper. Lie down on your back with your legs lifted perpendicularly to the floor and keep them as straight as you can. Straighten your arms out to sides, palms down. Keep your shoulders on the mat. Slowly move your legs from left to right. Left to right and back is one repetition. 10-15 reps.
5) Opposite arm and leg raise. Knees under your hips and wrists under your shoulders. Lift your left arm about shoulder height and your leg about hip height. Hold it for a second, while reaching with your fingers forward and back with your heel. Repeat with the opposite side. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
6) Prone plank. Start with a pushup position on the floor. Now bend your elbows 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms. Your elbows should be beneath your shoulders, and your body should form a straight line from your head to your feet. Keep your eyes on the floor. Hold the position for as long as you can. Your goal should be to hold it for two minutes.
7) Side plank. Start by lying on one side on mat with both legs straight and stacked one on top of the other. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular to body. Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Hold this position for 30 seconds. Turn around so that you’re lying on your right side and repeat.
8) Scale pose. Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position with hands on the mat next to your hips. Tighten your pelvic floor (as if you have to pee and are holding it in), push into your hands, and lift your entire lower body off the mat. Hold for 3 breaths and lower back down. If you can’t lift your whole lower half, keep your feet on the floor and just lift your butt. 3 reps.
That’s it for now! To feel and see the changes in your tummy in just 4 weeks, do these moves 3 times per week, plus you can do 45 minutes of moderate intensity cardio 2 times per week.
Here’s a tip!
While doing crunches, remember: breathe properly, don’t lift the entire back off the ground, don’t rush it, and don’t pull forward your neck. Good luck!